Monday, November 12, 2012

CULTURE SHOCK     

I love travelling, I really do. I always make it sure that once I landed on a new place; I should…must…need to pay a visit to, at least, one Catholic Church. But due to my hectic itinerary, I can’t hear holy masses, only visitation. Of course, it’s not gotta be about hearing holy masses rather it is the genuine faith that matters.

Anyhow, three more days and I am already a month old here in Manila. Okay fine. Due to my frenzied exclusive training schedules, I wasn't able to hear holy mass on my first weekend but thank God, He let me discovered the beautiful-environmental friendly catholic chapel found at the heart of Greenbelt Community. There I had my confession and talked to God.

It was just yesterday, YES! Don’t judge me now, I finally attended holy mass. It was actually refreshing to hear mass in a new milieu. I mean, new priest, new neighborhood, new atmosphere, and for the record, new culture! The priest along with the church goers used very deep Tagalog language. For an instance, Sambayanan Niyang Banal – His Most Holy Church and San Gabriel ng Ina ng Hapis – St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows. Mind you, even panggatong - utensils. Imagine? All throughout the holy mass my brain was like farting. For heaven’s sake, I was having headaches after absorbing all the profound words like a sponge. It was so deep that I almost can’t understand and my tongue is too stiff to pronounce such language! CULTURE SHOCKED!

justjovitz_CULTURE SHOCK

Top by XPort, Watch by United Colors of Benetton, Bracelet by Oxygen, Shorts by Mango, Socks by Aldo, Shoes by Hush Puppies

Well after all, I will just get used to it. NO! Not to having headaches but to hear holy masses using profound Tagalog language. HAHA!

Keep posted. I love y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment