Thursday, December 27, 2012


HUMBLED 23rd BIRTHDAY


An already grown up person is talking to you right now.

T’wasn’t that shining, shimmering, glamorous and all birthday party. I tell you, t’was the most humble birthday ever.

Woke up at 7 o’clock in the morning, had pasta for breakfast, prepared myself, and VOILA! said hello to my workplace. YES! I was working the entire day of my birthday and needless to say, worked over time until 10 o’clock in the evening, then went home, and just a couple of minutes t’wasn’t my  birthday at all. Take that!

Some said, “Oh, you should take your birthday leave”,  “Treat yourself somewhere good”, “Shop a lot, dine at buffet area, and party ‘till you drop”, blah, blah, blah. Well, all ended up working my ass and doing my responsibilities as an employed individual. I almost wanna puked, I mean, cried. Y’know, just to express how you miss that ‘ol great themed-up glamorous birthday parties while dancing on the floor with your bitches-best of friends all together holding glass of vodka and singing to the loudest scream...ever. Ah, I miss all of those!

Moses knows how I missed planning out my birthday parties even a year before it, scouting for either the hippiest bar or the coolest hotel restaurant in town, sending out my personalized birthday invitations, trusting every new fashion designer each year for my birthday suit, conceptualizing theme, and most especially, choosing only the best of the best people whom will be my guests. I missed every single drop of vodka that runs through my esophagus and let the house music take you somewhere you have never been before. Don’t judge me now. I am not saying somewhere else’s bedroom, I mean, somewhere in the middle. HAHA.

justjovitz_HUMBLED 23rd BIRTHDAY


justjovitz_HUMBLED 23rd BIRTHDAY


justjovitz_HUMBLED 23rd BIRTHDAY

Jacket by Zara, Top by Topman, Jeans by Oxygen, Shoes by Franco Cobbalin
All stying by Dong Olmedo


Now, the most down-to-earth moments were: I cooked pasta, prepared fruit cocktail, toasted bread, sliced ham, and a bottle of wine, I did all of those a night before my birthday to spend counting minutes to seconds down on 19th of December. Also, I had a pizza party with the two Mango –Cebu stores and please don’t ask me now…I never got to treat myself out. I was so exhausted after a day’s set-up for the end-of-season sale at work and worst thing? too much exhaustion that even my family way back home and my mama in Israel, I wasn’t able to make a single call nor responded to their messages but the crack of midnight calls, messages, e-mails, tweets, posts, and personal birthday greetings, they were all reminded me, not just that I am already 23 years old but most especially, I know that I am well loved.

I remember when someone from the staff approached me asking what was the best gift I received on the day of my birthday…I smiled and replied, my dream job :)

Above all, God knows best and oh, also mom. HAHA.

Everything happens if not for a great reason, greater reason!

Keep posted. I love y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment