Thursday, December 20, 2012


DREAM JOB     


Who knew all roads lead to Queen City of South? Never in my life I thought I’d travel and work miles away from home to live a life that’s a dream to many. YES! Peculiar may it sounds, here I am, blogging from my new home here in Island of Visayas. I have relocated in City of Cebu, one may perhaps say I am a Cebuano now; a Cebuano who doesn’t understand profound Visayan dialect, TRUE!, like that of a deep throat! HAHA.

It has been my childhood dream to work (Okay fine. Not as a nurse but God knows how thankful I am to become newly registered one) in a fashion industry. But who would have thought I’d end up in a company where both my mama and I love since primary years, Mango. I can still remember my first Mango item I received as a gift from her, red quilted leatherette backpack sporting along the hallway of our school like t’was already end of the world and don’t judge me now, I was just in my 6th grade that time. HAHA.

I LOVE FASHION, I REALLY DO! As I always say, I inhale fashion and exhaling style. And it’s not a doubt, I am now working in a fashion industry.

justjovitz_DREAM JOB


Two months of staying and having my exclusive training in Manila has been such a wonderful journey, some of you are living proof how  t’was a good foundation of ladder in working my way up here in this position. I handle both visual merchandising and window dressing departments here in Cebu Mango stores, Ayala and SM. Alright, hold your breath now. I AM INTO MERCHANDISING!!! Who the person on earth can imagine shifting career from being a registered nurse to becoming a merchandiser? No one but only your gayest bestfriend! HAHA.

My unparalleled experience for being a freelance fashion designer and stylist way back in Davao was truly a great help to me in pulling this all out into window dressing. YES! The one that you can see in Mango stores parading mannequins in their most glamorous outfits and positions facing y’all from inside the window...THAT’S ALSO MY JOB!!!

Crazy weeks have passed by and yet I am still on cloud nine. Traveling city to city every day during my stay in Manila and now, here I am in Cebu, FINALLY LIVING MY DREAM JOB!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is something that you are so excited to get out from your bed, hit the shower, put on your most fashionable clothes, and VOILA! hit the runway!

Take it from me, don’t just go to work for the sake of having a work, go to work because you enjoy and you definitely love going to work. After all, we should be growing while working to say that we are living our life to the fullest. Why settle inside the office getting yelled by your boss? Why stay up late at night answering international calls even if you don’t even like it? Why serve those bitches in the malls? Why assist such complaining whore inside your store? not unless you want these things happen to you every day, then, go with it. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY ON YOUR JOB, LEAVE IT!

IT IS JUST SO HEAVEN TO FINALLY LIVE THE LIFE I WANT! SEE? I SAY TO YOU, DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!!

Wish me luck! I love y’all!

Keep posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment